- Ed Seguin & Sons is a bilingual, family owned and operated Algonquin company. We consistently demonstrate pride through our workmanship, client relationships and community. Our open mindedness, dedication and integrity empowers our employees to reach their full potential and grow their careers. We’re the largest supplier of construction aggregates in our area and both our residential and civil divisions are thriving and organically growing.
- We’ve been in business since 1967 with a reputation for quality and service.
- Our new 80,000 ft2 head office is located at 106 Bay St. in Sturgeon Falls, ON. This is close to downtown and some employees take advantage of that to bike or walk to work. We also have free parking and from there all employees have a company vehicle to get to the job sites.
- You may view our website at seguintrucking.com
General Description of Work
The Truck and Coach Mechanic position is under the direction of the Head Mechanic. This position services, maintains and repairs of the entire fleet of equipment safely and efficiently. The Truck and Coach Mechanic primarily works on trucks and trailers however he or she will also perform work on heavy equipment when required. All work completed is subject to Ed Seguin & Sons Policies, the provisions of The Ministry of Transportation and Ministry of Labour Regulations and Maintenance Manuals of the specific equipment. The Truck and Coach Mechanic will be responsible to perform annual safety certificates for commercial vehicles and trailers. He may also provide support and training to an Apprentice Mechanic as per Apprenticeship Ontario.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform the activities of mechanic to repair and maintain ESS equipment as directed by the Head Mechanic;
- Accept repair calls from Head Mechanic to perform field repairs.
- Inspect motors in operation, road test and test systems and components using computerized diagnostic and other testing devices to diagnose and isolate faults;
- Adjust, repair or replace parts and components including fuel system, brakes, steering and suspension, engine and drive train, emission control and exhaust, cooling and climate control, and electrical and electronic systems using hand tools and other specialized repair equipment;
- Test and adjust repaired systems to manufacturer’s performance specifications;
- Perform scheduled maintenance service, such as oil changes, lubrications and tune ups;
- Review with Head Mechanic on work performed, general equipment condition & future repair requirements;
- Prepare mechanical and electronic reports as required;
- Support a safe work environment and maintain the facility in a neat and orderly manner;
- Report immediately to the Head Mechanic any vehicle/equipment that constitutes a safety hazard that must be removed from services for inspection, service or repair;
- Report to the Head Mechanic any evidence of improper operation on the part of a driver/operator;
- Conduct vehicle inspection as required by provincial and divisional regulations and policies;
- Prepare all reports as required by provincial, federal and divisional regulations and policies;
- Complete all delegated work orders according to established procedures;
- Welding, fabrication, other duties as assigned.
Requirements / Preferred Qualifications
- Truck and Coach Mechanic License
- Minimum 5 years experience in repairing and maintaining commercial vehicles
- Open minded, ambitious and organized
- Minimum G license, AZ Drivers license preferred
Why work for us?
- The owners work closely with all divisions of the company and there’s a real family feel where your efforts are noticed and rewarded. We’re consistently accepting employee feedback; in fact, we even offer goal setting tools and an anonymous feedback and assessment system, all designed to build your career, boost your performance and create a better work culture. We firmly believe that our staff is our best asset and we consistently invest in training, tools, equipment and technology to allow you to work to the best of your abilities in a safe and learning environments.
- We offer very attractive salary options.
- We’re progressively growing and with that comes opportunities for you to advance your career and earn promotions.
- We know how important it is to take care of family and that’s why we offer health and dental family benefits.
- Our team meeting and lunchrooms are always open to our employees for a free cup of coffee and where you will often find free snacks.
- We love to celebrate achievements, wins and milestones by hosting events, lunches, and parties!
- We like to give back to the community by sponsoring many events and good causes including the International Plowing Match, Local Fire Hall, Children Aid Society, WNGH Hospital Foundation, Sporting Events and our Local Business.